LTQA 2019 Forum: Promising Solutions for the LTSS Workforce
Even as the need for direct care workers increases, analysts anticipate workforce shortages, financial challenges, and an increased need for direct care workers to coordinate with care teams.
On June 25, the Long-Term Quality Alliance (LTQA) hosted a panel of LTSS stakeholders to discuss promising new solutions for issues around the LTSS Workforce. Panelists shared their insights and experiences from recent projects, and offered directions for the future.
- Carol Raphael – Special Advisor, Manatt Health (moderator)
- Amy York – Executive Director, Eldercare Workforce Alliance
- Camille Dobson – Deputy Executive Director, National Association of States United for Aging and Disabilities (NASUAD)
- Helen Schaub – Vice President, SEIU
- Robert Espinoza – Vice President of Policy, PHI
- EWA: Immigrants and the Eldercare Workforce
- EWA: Care Coordination Issue Brief
- EWA: Public Policy Priorities 2019
- Health Affairs: How ‘Upskilling’ Can Maximize Home Care Workers’ Contributions And Improve Serious Illness Care
- NASUAD: Collaborating to Address HCBS Workforce Challenges in MLTSS Programs 2019
- PHI: U.S. Home Care Workers Key Facts 2018
- SEIU: Support Efforts to Strengthen the Home Care Workforce